In January of 1934, Wiley Mossy Sr. opened Mossy Motors on Rampart Street in New Orleans. Mossy was only the third car dealer to open in the city and the first Oldsmobile dealer in the entire State of Louisiana.
Almost immediately Mossy Motors gained a reputation of offering outstanding customer service, fair prices and quality products. And after 75 years the Mossy name still represents these qualities.
In 1956, Mossy Motors moved from Rampart Street to its current location at 1331 South Broad Street in Mid-City New Orleans. In 1991, Mossy Motors acquired the Pontiac franchise and in 2001 brought Buick and GMC Truck to the Mossy name after the closing of Oldsmobile by General Motors.
Mossy Motors operates in over 67,000 square feet of buildings on 6.2 acres of land. It remains to this day, one of the largest automotive dealers in the city of New Orleans. We are located within five minutes of the Central Business District, University Hospitals, Dillard University, Tulane and Loyola University and other major schools and universities.
Mossy is well known for it’s service department but Mossy’s Collision Center has been recognized by most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm, Allstate, USAA Liberty Mutual, CAN and Fireman’s Fund as one of the best collision repair facilities in the South. They continue to favor us with their business. In fact, we are a direct repair facility for most of the major insurance companies and can work on any type of automobile foreign and domestic.
Click Here for our video!